Dear Partners and Friends,
Thank you so much for wanting to stay up to date on what’s happening. Here’s the latest roundup of immigration-related news, and our bi-weekly action opportunity. Please let me know as things cross your desk that you think might be of value for our next newsletter, and as always, feel free to forward to folks who might want to join our list.
Deprivation of Medical Care to Children in U.S. Custody
Two important reports came out this week: the Dilley Pro Bono Project Complaint of CBP conditions and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) Report on HHS protocols capture the breathtaking cruelty of the Trump Administration’s immigration policies. The Dilley complaint describes in detail the squalid, dangerous, and inhumane conditions children and parents are facing in CBP processing facilities. The OIG report details the problems limiting effective mental health care provided to minors classified as unaccompanied (UM) in ORR detention centers. As difficult as these publications are to read, we must continue to remind ourselves that we cannot look away.
(Content Warning: Please be aware that both reports contain information that may be emotionally disturbing.)
Help Spread the Word on Migrant Detention Conditions
Other Recent News of Interest:
- Public Outrage Forces Trump to Walk Back on Medical Deferred Action Changes
- Trump’s War on Children
- Trump’s New Rule to Punish Immigrants Shows How Bad American Jobs Are
- New Facilities for Migrant Children Slated for Texas
- Trump’s “Public Charge Rule” Will Only Make America Worse
- Homeland Security to Collect Social Media Usernames on Immigration and Visitor Applications
Thanks so much for reading and staying informed.