If you choose to sell your old – or new – items on eBay for charity, you can select the Children’s Defense Fund as the beneficiary. Get started now.
What are the benefits of selling on eBay for charity?
- Items tend to sell more often and at higher prices because buyers are more willing to purchase items that benefit a nonprofit
- Your item will stand out because a unique charity ribbon icon is added to the search view and the full details of the charity donation on the item description
- Your item will appear in searches where buyers are specifically looking for items that benefit charity
- If the item sells, your listing and final value fees will be discounted by the same percentage that you donated. For example if you donate 25% to charity then you will get a 25% discount on your listing and final value fees. Get started now.
How do I add a charity to my listings?
- In the listing flow, select the option to “Donate a portion to Charity”
- Select Children’s Defense Fund from the list of options
- Select the percentage you would like to donate to charity
- You can verify the charity and donation percentage on your item by checking the information included in the item description