Over the years, we’ve welcomed hundreds of college students and recent graduates to serve as interns and join our movement to Leave No Child Behind®. Whether at our National Office in Washington, D.C. or one of our state offices, interns have proven vital to CDF’s work.
We offer internships in five core areas:
- Policy and Research
- Programs, including CDF Freedom Schools and Beat the Odds
- Fundraising and Marketing
- Non-Profit Management, including Executive Office and Finance
Our interns gain an insider’s view of the role of public interest groups in the policy process and enjoy unparalleled access to practitioners, experts and leaders in child advocacy. As an intern at CDF, you’ll get the critical knowledge, skills and experience you need to pursue an active life of leadership and service.
- Spring Term (January-April): Applications for Spring 2019 due November 25th at 11:59 PM EST
- Summer Term (June-August): Applications for Summer 2019 due March 1st at 11:59 PM EST
- Fall Term (September-December): Applications due July 1st
Each applicant must submit the following components through our online application:
- CDF Internship Application
- Cover Letter
- Two References
- Writing Sample
For any questions or concerns, please contact our Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need about eight weeks from the application deadline to finalize our selections. Our Internship Coordinator or divisional staff will conduct interviews for applicants under serious consideration. Highest consideration is given to applicants who have demonstrated a strong interest in issues affecting children and families through their academic, extracurricular, professional or service experiences.
View our internship openings and apply.
Questions? Review our FAQs.
Email our Intern Coordinator.