Help Support CDF Through Facebook's Birthday Wish Application
Do You Have a Birthday Coming Up?
Instead of dozens of friends just writing birthday greetings on your wall, or giving you something you don't need, why not give your friends the opportunity to help a cause you believe in? Well, you can do just that (and help support the Children's Defense Fund) with Facebook's Birthday Wish!
After setting up your individual Birthday Wish page, your friends can make a donation in honor of your birthday to the charity of your choice! Setting up a Birthday Wish page is easy to do and just takes a few minutes. Check out one a CDF staffer just set up.
Here are three easy steps to get you started:
- Download Facebook's Causes Application if you haven't already.
- After doing that, you'll be automatically directed to the Birthday Wish setup page. In Step 3 on this page ("Select Your Birthday Cause"), don’t forget to search for and select "Support the Children's Defense Fund." (Check out a screenshot of this page.)
- After you're done, help promote your Birthday Wish page to your friends using Facebook's suggestions! Here are some additional ways you can encourage friends and family to support the Children's Defense Fund through your Birthday Wish:
- Let them know that their donation will go to support CDF programs like the CDF Freedom Schools® program that provides a summer and after-school enrichment program to thousands of children across the country each year!
- Tell them how their generous donation will help support CDF's Beat the Odds® program that provides college scholarships to outstanding high schools students who have overcome tremendous adversity, demonstrated academic excellence and given back to their communities.
- Encourage them to support CDF through your Birthday Wish because CDF has worked relentlessly since 1973 champion policies and programs that lift children out of poverty; protect them from abuse and neglect; and ensure their access to health care, quality education and a moral and spiritual foundation.
Thanks for supporting CDF and happy birthday!
Not your birthday, but you still want to help raise funds for CDF? You can:
- Create your personal pledge on Facebook Causes.
- Make a donation to CDF today and then tell your friends to join you!