The Children's Defense Fund (CDF) takes great pride in its financial efficiency and accountability. CDF is supported primarily by foundation and corporate grants and individual donations.
Financial Statements and Form 990
Independently Verified Information
Click on the images for independently verified information about CDF's finances or visit Guidestar to access the IRS form 990.
Donating to CDF
Your support enables CDF to work on behalf of America's children. Deepest thanks for your commitment to children and to our work.
State-Specific Registration Information
- California: Attorney General, Registry of Charitable Trusts, P.O. Box 903447, Sacramento, CA 94203-4476
- Florida: A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free, 1-800-HELP-FLA (1-800-435-7352) within the state.
- Illinois: Attorney General, State of Illinois Center, 100 W. Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601
- Maryland: For the cost and of copies and postage, Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Michigan: Department of Attorney General, Charitable Trust Section, P.O. Box 30214, Lansing, MI 48909
- Minnesota: Office of Attorney General, Charities Division, 340 Bremer Tower, St. Paul, MN 55101
- Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Children’s Defense Fund may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167
- New Jersey: Division of Consumer Affairs, Charities Registration Section, 1207 Raymond Boulevard, Seventh Floor, Newark, NJ 07102
- New York: Office of Charities Registration, 162 Washington Street, Albany, NY 12231
- North Carolina: A copy of the license to solicit charitable contributions as a charitable organization or sponsor and financial information may be obtained from the Department of Human Services, Solicitation Licensing Branch, by calling (919) 733-4510. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state.
- Pennsylvania: The official registration of CDF may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement
- South Carolina: Secretary of State, Division of Public Charities, P.O. Box 11350, Columbia, SC 29211
- Virginia: State Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23209
- Washington: Charities Division, Office of the Secretary of State, Olympia, WA 98504-0422, 1-800-332-4483
- West Virginia: Residents may obtain a summary from: Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305. Registration with any of these governmental agencies does not imply endorsement by the state.