Location & Rental Information
The Children's Defense Fund purchased the former Alex Haley Farm intending to create an ideal setting for spiritual renewal, leadership training, and character development. We host organizations that affirm they will play a role in the CDF mission, and that agree to keep CDF Haley Farm as a smoke-free, drug and alcohol-free, violence-free, hate-free, loving environment in doors and outdoors. Many organizations rent the Farm for one day, others for multiple days. On the Farm, our Haley Lodge seats 85 for meals, the Riggio-Lynch Chapel seats 250, and three other buildings offer space for smaller groups. We also have housing for 40 and several nearby hotels can accommodate larger numbers. The Haley Farm Gift Shop can also be available for your events.
Please contact Haley Farm at (865) 457-6466 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about scheduling your organization’s event.
Location & Directions
CDF Haley Farm is located in Clinton, Tennessee, approximately 30 miles northwest of Knoxville.
CDF Haley Farm
1000 Alex Haley Lane
Clinton, TN 37716
Tel: (865) 457-6466
Fax: (865) 457-6464
View this location on Google Maps.
Directions to CDF Haley Farm:
- Go Northeast on Highway 129-Alcoa Highway towards downtown Knoxville.
- Travel Approximately 12 miles, watch for signs to East Interstate 40, and Interstate 275.
- Go East on Interstate 40 approximately half a mile, stay to the right. Watch for signs to Lexington Exit, #387A.
- Continue following the signs to Lexington and North Interstate 75.
- Travel approximately 14.5 miles North on Interstate 75 to Exit 122.
- Take Exit 122 (Clinton/Norris). Proceed to the end of the exit ramp and turn West onto Highway 61.
- At the second traffic light (next to People's National Bank) turn left onto Frank L. Diggs Road. Go to the first intersection and turn right onto Sinking Springs Road. Proceed on this road 1/10 of a mile, turn left at the second driveway, following the gravel driveway to the gate of the Farm.
- Instructions for calling the office for entry are located on the gate's call box.
Directions to the Airport from CDF Haley Farm:
- As you leave the Farm, turn right onto Sinking Springs Road and go to the second stop sign. Make a right onto the main highway (Highway 61) at the end of Sinking Springs. Proceed through the light and bear right onto Interstate 75 South.
- Continue on Interstate 75 South towards Knoxville, 18 miles. Remain in the far left-hand lane.
- Continue until you approach Interstate 40, staying left following signs to 40 West and Chattanooga.
- Do not change lanes once on Interstate 40; the airport exit #386B comes up in less than a mile. Follow the exit to Alcoa Highway/Highway 129.
- Continue on Alcoa Highway for approximately 20 miles to the McGhee Tyson Airport which will be on your right-hand side.