State-Specific Registration Information
- California: Attorney General, Registry of Charitable Trusts, P.O. Box 903447, Sacramento, CA 94203-4476
- Florida: A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free, 1-800-HELP-FLA (1-800-435-7352) within the state.
- Illinois: Attorney General, State of Illinois Center, 100 W. Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601
- Maryland: For the cost and of copies and postage, Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Michigan: Department of Attorney General, Charitable Trust Section, P.O. Box 30214, Lansing, MI 48909
- Minnesota: Office of Attorney General, Charities Division, 340 Bremer Tower, St. Paul, MN 55101
- Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Children’s Defense Fund may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167
- New Jersey: Division of Consumer Affairs, Charities Registration Section, 1207 Raymond Boulevard, Seventh Floor, Newark, NJ 07102
- New York: Office of Charities Registration, 162 Washington Street, Albany, NY 12231
- North Carolina: A copy of the license to solicit charitable contributions as a charitable organization or sponsor and financial information may be obtained from the Department of Human Services, Solicitation Licensing Branch, by calling (919) 733-4510. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state.
- Pennsylvania: The official registration of CDF may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement
- South Carolina: Secretary of State, Division of Public Charities, P.O. Box 11350, Columbia, SC 29211
- Virginia: State Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23209
- Washington: Charities Division, Office of the Secretary of State, Olympia, WA 98504-0422, 1-800-332-4483
- West Virginia: Residents may obtain a summary from: Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305. Registration with any of these governmental agencies does not imply endorsement by the state.